Monday, April 13, 2009

England




Ok so I went to England and had a BLAST!. I so enjoyed myself. There is just one little problem. I was trying to get the pics off of my camera onto the computer, and I hit format and deleted ALL of the pics. I was so upset. I started to cry. So I have to go by my memories and what is in my head.

I left here on Tuesday the 31st of March. Thanks to some wonderful friends that let me stay the night at there house and then took me to the airport. I left SLC and landed in Chicago, then went on into London England. (Actually Heathrow Airport).

It was a 3 hour flight to Chicago and a 8 hour flight on into England. The flight in to England was at night so I got to sleep. When I arrived in England I had to wait for my sister to show up. It is a 2 hour drive to the airport from there house, but it took 4 hours that day due to traffic.

I was able to go to London while I was down there. It was so amazing. I am so happy that I had the opportunity to go down there. I got to see the changing of the guards, and see the castle. There is nothing but flat green lands. They do alot of farming there. They have alot of pig and sheep farms.

There was this field that was full of sticks all in a row with things hanging on them. I asked my brother in law why they had old shoes hanging on the sticks. He said those are Scare Crows. I looked harder and sure enough there was dead crows hanging by there feet on the sticks. He said that they were scare crows to scare all the other crows off. It is susposed to say "This is what will happen to you if you cross this property". It looked like it was working. There was no crows in the field.

Then it was time for me to head home. We left there house at 7:30 a.m. there time which was 1:30 a.m. our time. I was not flying out till 12:40 but she didnt want me to miss my flight. So I had all my bags cheked in and boarded for a 9 hour flight back to the states.

We was not able to leave for a half an hour. They would not let us get on the runway. So anyway I landed in Chicago and only had 1 1/2 layover. I was hurrying as fast as I could. I had to get through Customs and then get my luggage and put it on the other flight.

I had some snow globes that they would not let me take on the plane with me so I had to check them in, mind you I was able to take them on with me from London to Chicago. So I had to run from on terminal to the other. I barley made it in time to get borded on the plane. I was a crying mess was not able to find the right terminal. Finally I found it and started my way on into SLC. I was never so excited to see SLC. We got home late that night and I was able to catch up on my sleep friday.


2 comments:

Jensens said...

Glad you had a good time and I'm so sorry about your pics :(

Sarah MomE25 said...

Wow, England! How fun.